When 5:30 hit yesterday, I still had nothing planned for dinner. I wanted it done in 15 minutes and wanted to use the frozen chicken that I have been buying on sale, cooking and freezing until needed. I quickly looked in my cookbook and found a recipe for Chicken Stroganoff. I didn't like all the ingredients but loved the idea so I searched allrecipes.com and found this one.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Stroganoff-I/Detail.aspx
It was so tasty and ready in 10 minutes. (Plus 5 to get the water to boil- which is surprisingly fast.) Here is my revised recipe.
Begin boiling your water and add 1/2 package of egg noodles. Cook for 8 minutes.
In a saucepan combine:
1 1/2 cups milk
1 package onion soup mix.
Stir and simmer for a few minutes so the onions soften.
Add:
1 TB dry parsley
1 TB minced garlic
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp kitchen bouquet seasoning
Add:
1 can cream of chicken soup
Mix well and add 1-2 cups shredded, white and dark cooked chicken (defrosted in the microwave.)
Stir in 1 cup sour cream just before serving over noodles.
Great, fast meal when served with steamed broccoli and glazed carrots.
No comments:
Post a Comment